Toastmasters is an international platform, designed to help participants develop their communication and leadership skills. The idea is to “Learn by Doing”. It’s a program of repute and has been around for about a hundred years. Toastmasters International is based in the US, but is truly global, having a strength of 16,800+ clubs and 358,000 members on their roll.
The Toastmasters Educational and Leadership Programs:
Communication and Leadership skills are developed hand in hand, in Toastmasters. There are several projects to take on, and these are distributed into levelled paths as well as diverse leadership roles. By actually participating in all of these experiential projects, completing them in a way that meets all assigned objectives and, thereafter, obtaining constructive feedback from experienced leaders in the program, participants are able to project their growth. Since motivation is instrumental to Toastmasters, there are ample opportunities to shine, and all efforts are recognized by way of certificates and awards.
Gavel clubs are a way of providing the Toastmasters experience to groups who may be ineligible for regular membership due to age, or other circumstances. Following Toastmasters club meeting protocols, Gavel clubs use club officer titles and education materials. Gavel club members are referred to as “Gaveliers”.
- Suitable for 12-17 years old
- Sessions: Second Saturday and last Saturday of the month.
- DTM Sara Ansari
- DTM Asjad Ansari
- TM Fatima Asad
- TM Abubakr Syed
- President: Areej Ubaid
- VP Education: Abdurrahman Syed
- VP Membership: Omar
- VP Public Relations: Hassan Chapra
- Secretary: Salena Mohammad
- Sergeant at Arms: Neeshan
- Improve your public speaking skills
- ️Build leadership skills
- ️Maximize your potential
- ️Enjoy unlimited personal growth
- ️Work on networking in a small and supportive environment
- ️Practice writing speeches and presenting in a group setting
- ️Gain a competitive advantage in the workplace, school and among your peers
- Build self-confidence and self-awareness
- Club Leadership Handbook $3
- Gavel Club New Member Training Aid $20
- Gavel Club Membership Cards (set of 50) $2.25
- Gavel Club Blank Certificate $.60
- Gavel Club Pin $6.
For more details visit www.toastmasters.org